- Lydgalleriet is an experimental gallery for sound based art practices.
- Lydgalleriet exhibits international sound based art and initiates local art production in Bergen.
- Lydgalleriet explores today’s plethora of experimental sound based art and auditive cultures through gallery shows, concerts and interventions in public spaces.
- Lydgalleriet consists of a group of musicians, sound artists, art historians and art organisers.
- Lydgalleriet has made projects in different locations since November 2005.
2007 – 2009 the main base was been Østre Skostredet 3, 2010-2011 at USF Verftet.
In autumn 2012 Lydgalleriet moves back to the refurbished spaces in Østre Skostredet 3, together with it’s new partner, Foreningen Ekko.
- Lydgalleriet rents out equipment for sound based art projects and exhibitions.
- Lydgalleriet offers a selection of CDs, DVDs and books of sound based art and related practices.
- Lydgalleriet is building a collection of small and medium sized sound based art objects for sale.
- Lydgalleriet is a member of the European sound art network Resonance, along with Intro in situ (Maastricht), Festival van Vlanderen (Kortrijk), Singuhr Hörgalerie (Berlin) and Le Bon Accueil (Rennes).